Zumero for SQL Server v3.1 - Release Notes
Zumero for SQL Server (ZSS) v3.1 is now available for download in the dev center.
New features and improvements in ZSS 3.1:
- Multiple client-side and server-side changes to increase the speed of sync operations
- Improved the performance of ZSS Manager with databases containing large numbers of tables
- Cancelled syncs and network interruptions are no longer logged in the Server’s Event Viewer
- The Zumero_sqlcipher bundle now supports the UWP platform
Bug fixes in ZSS 3.1:
- Fixed errors related to the migration of ZSS groups
- Performance improvement when upgrading client databases from 2.3 to 3.0
- Fixed a migration error when foreign keys were created in different orders in the source and target
- Sync fixes for unusual conflict and foreign-key situations
- Fixed a potential race condition when syncing 2.3 clients
The recommended order for upgrading to ZSS 3.x from 2.x (or older versions) is:
- Stop the Zumero web site in IIS.
- Upgrade the ZSS Server.
- Upgrade the ZSS Manager
- Run ZSS Manager and follow the upgrade prompts (see Upgrading in the ZSS Manager documentation). If you have multiple databases, you should examine them all for upgrades.
- Restart the IIS site.
ZSS Server versions 2.x and 3.x require activation. If you are upgrading from version 1.x, please visit the Activation page to activate your existing license keys. If you have already activated your license keys, you do not need to reactivate them or take any additional action for this upgrade.
Older clients will work with ZSS 3.x servers, but will not be able to take full advantage of the new features and improvements. Newer clients will not sync with older ZSS servers.
Clients earlier than ZSS 2.0 should not be used with date-based purging. See the documentation for details.