Zumero for SQL Server v3.3 - Release Notes
Zumero for SQL Server (ZSS) v3.3 is now available for download in the dev center.
New features and improvements in ZSS 3.3:
- Azure Active Directory is now supported as a login method for both ZSS Manager and in the ZSS Server’s connection string. See Azure Active Directory Authentication for details.
- The Zumero NuGet package supports .NET Core projects.
- The Xamarin Forms and SQLite-Net C# Data Bindings project templates in Zumero App Generator (ZAG) were updated with a new Dispatcher to handle concurrent SQLite operations.
- The version of BCrypt used when encrypting passwords was updated.
Deprecated features in ZSS 3.3:
- The Zumero Client library no longer supports .NET 4.5, Windows Phone and Windows 8.
The recommended order for upgrading to ZSS 3.x from older versions is:
- Stop the Zumero web site in IIS.
- Upgrade the ZSS Server.
- Upgrade the ZSS Manager.
- Run ZSS Manager and follow the upgrade prompts (see Upgrading in the ZSS Manager documentation). If you have multiple databases, you should examine them all for upgrades.
- Restart the IIS site.
ZSS Server versions 2.x and 3.x require activation. If you are upgrading from version 1.x, please visit the Activation page to activate your existing license keys. If you have already activated your license keys, you do not need to reactivate them or take any additional action for this upgrade.
Older clients will work with ZSS 3.x servers, but will not be able to take full advantage of the new features and improvements. Newer clients will not sync with older ZSS servers.
Clients earlier than ZSS 2.0 should not be used with date-based purging. See the documentation for details.